Life is busy in Chascomus. Vance is busy with his research and Lesley busy with Spanish lessons, bird watching and generally taking life easy. The generous hospitality of Carina, Catalina and Gustavo is enhancing our visit tremendously.
Gustavo cooked us a wonderful traditional meal in a tripod vessel made from a disk of the type that is used to plough the fields. A small fire is placed under and the meat slowly cooks. He prepared a dish of pork ribs with onions, beer and sugar which gave it a rich sweet sauce. Delicious!

Gustavo cooked us a wonderful traditional meal in a tripod vessel made from a disk of the type that is used to plough the fields. A small fire is placed under and the meat slowly cooks. He prepared a dish of pork ribs with onions, beer and sugar which gave it a rich sweet sauce. Delicious!
This past weekend we all travelled to the sea coast to Mar del Plata. This seaside city is one of Argentina’s most popular beach destinations in the summer. Even on this early spring day there were lots of beach goers. However, only the hardiest would venture into the 10 degree South Atlantic Ocean.
From now on our schedule gets very busy. We travel to Buenos Aires for October 3-5, then home to Chacomus for the weekend before going to Uruguay for a week. When we return from Uruguay, I will meet my friend Christine in BA and we will then travel to Mendoza (the wine region) and meet Karen for a week of horseback riding, wine tasting and other fun and mischief.
Hello to everyone at home. I hope you enjoy the photos.
Love Lesley and Vance
Hello to everyone at home. I hope you enjoy the photos.
Love Lesley and Vance
2 comments:
7Hello. Wow, this is exciting. I never thought modern technology would have so many wonderful applications. The blog is a really wonderful tool.
Your adventures sound very interesting - which doesn't surprise me one bit. Isn't it nice to have the time off mid-career.
I'm going down to Ottawa a week from Wed. and will ccelebrate your Mom's birthday with her. All the sisters-in-law will be there. I'll stay at the Byward Blue Inn for two nights and go to the Art Gallery and of course, the other confections the area has to offer. Then I'll stay with Connie and we'll go down home tog.
All the very best in your asventures. Lois
Great pix! The camera is working well. Excellent.
Post a Comment